Fun Fact: The following article was printed in April 1, 2004 edition of the Stone County Enterprise as an an insert Celebrating 100 Years of Progress.
BETHLEHEM BAPTIST CHURCH
Bethlehem Baptist Church of Wiggins was organized around 1896 by Brother John Moore and Sister Mary Moore and a few other individuals. The first preacher was Reverend Ford from Alabama. The first church was built above the Pickle Canning Factory, (became the Pickle Factory). Some time after its constructions, the building burned. The church members then held church services in the Methodist Church (located between what is now Danzey Tire Service and First National Bank. )
In 1903 the church called Rev. R.G. Gray as pastor. He served until April, 1947. During that time he and the congregation built three churches. Today the church building and family life center is located on Magnolia Drive in Wiggins.
“ Through the years, Bethlehem Baptist Church has remained a steady beacon to Wiggins and the surrounding communities.”